Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WX version 2024

Posted by SteveSitas 
WX version 2024
December 20, 2023 06:42PM
Hi,
First of all, happy holidays to all and good health

I am designing a new application for one of my customers, and I have a quite long delivery date (July 2024).
I need to decide if I should start the work with WX 28 (or 27 or 26) or just go on with the new version, WX 2024.

I am not concerned about the stability of WX2024; I can live with that.
What bothers me is that the beta version (or whatever they call it) may introduce some hidden problems to the application that will follow it forever !!!

I had this kind of problem with older versions of WX (maybe WX18? I don't remember), and I had to do a clean rewrite of my application with a stable WX.
Problems were especially in reports (and their queries); they showed up when moving to the official release of the version.

Does anybody care to comment?

Regards
Steven Sitas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2023 06:43PM by SteveSitas.
Al
Re: WX version 2024
December 20, 2023 09:58PM
Hello Steven,

I think the prime consideration is that with WX you can never go back to a prior version so unless there is an absolute deal breaker of a feature in the 2024 version, it would seem logical to start the development with the most stable of the prior versions.

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.