Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zero-downtime Webdev site deployment

Posted by Greg 
Greg
Zero-downtime Webdev site deployment
June 06, 2023 01:26AM
Hello:

I 'm trying to deploy a Webdev site with zero-downtime update, according to this:
[help.windev.com]

But when I try my website as usual (www.mydomain.com) the site is no longer working... So I now have to use www.mydomain.com/myapp to make it work...But I would like to get rid of the /myapp as I had before...

In the conventional way (deploy by disconnecting users), there was a file in the root directory that was redirecting the sire, so when using www.mydomain.com, it was redirected to www.mydomain.com/myapp so everything was working fine...

Now, the zero-downtime deployment creates up to 4 folders for each version but I don't see a file in the root directory to make the redirection... I do see a file inside each vXX folder (version folder), but the IIS (windows server IIS) is configured to the path of the root directory...

I'm really confused of this new mode and how things should be configured to make this zero-downtime deployment to work as before...

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards;
Greg
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.