Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Transactions - ClassicHFSQL and 140005 error

Posted by SteveSitas 
Transactions - ClassicHFSQL and 140005 error
May 20, 2023 10:54AM
Hi,
I have been investigating some 140005 errors on test data on my machine (using WINDEV 27 and HFSQL Classic files).
I always use Transactions and while playing arround with JSON variables, I "tried" to evaluate them in the debugger.
After a while I got/get a GPF and my WD27 IDE closes ..

The transaction is NOW corrupted and I get the "famous" error 140005.
Having a deeper look at the *.TRS file, it has an entry of a table named fic33C6.tmp, which I found (along with is .mmo and .ndx files) in the ..\AppData\Local\temp directory. This is not my file - probably something created by PCSoft.
I can always reproduce it 100% with the above steps ...

I was wondering if somebody has seen something like this in a production app?

Regards
Steven Sitas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2023 10:44AM by SteveSitas.
Re: Transactions - ClassicHFSQL and 140005 error
December 30, 2023 07:51AM
Hi Steven,

"Transactions" in HFSQL are still (v28) a dangerous minefield. Most times, WINDEV itself takes care of that and one should carefully consider whether starting a transaction is a necessity for real. Btw, WINDEV + MySQL wis working flawlessly with transactions. I did not check version 2024 in regards to transactions yet.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Re: Transactions - ClassicHFSQL and 140005 error
December 30, 2023 01:31PM
Hi Guenter,
I use HFSQL transactions all the time without any problems!!!
What I was pointing out was that during debugging, I can corrupt HFSQL Classic tables when trying to view a JSON field.

I will check to see if the problem exists in WX28 (or WX2024) - but I must say I NEVER have problems with transactions in HFSQL ..
I just wish PCSoft would implement them in mobile Android HFSQL Classic tables as well.

Have a great new year !!!

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.