Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[wd28] query with sub query become big mess

Posted by ccc2 
ccc2
[wd28] query with sub query become big mess
March 16, 2023 03:24PM
Hi ALL,

for people who using sub query in program , do not upgrade to win28.

even if you have simple query, that run without need to disable correction.
WD will mess it up and no error. you will endup spending hours try figure what went wrong.
check profiler you will surprise how WD28 try to auto correct a simple query

I have 2 query

query 1

select
from
view_sales V
inner join product
on product.id = V.product_id
where
V.status = 'A'
and v.amt > 0

query 2

select
product_id,
sum(amt) as amt
from
query1
group by
product_id

as you see a very simple query

but what WD did become

profiler return

select
product_id,
sum(amt) as amt
from
view_sales V
inner join product
on product.id = V.product_id
group by
product_id

as you can see this corrected query still can run but with without 'where condition left out' , the number record return become wrong

what wrong with PCS , are you try to sabotage your customer

auto correction in query is getting worse with every new version. why not just scrap it
Hi all,

I confirm this problem only on WD 28.

now i revert back to wd 27 . any changes to program I made in wd 28 , i have to redo in wd 27.

I surprise that PCS can make error in multi query .
running hexecutequery(Q1) then run hexecutequery(Q2) to mimic sub query.
this is not sql standard this is windev own standard and they screw it . which mean this will effect mostly for people that using hyperfile thumbs up

my 3 days worth of work went to drain
Re: [wd28] query with sub query become big mess
March 17, 2023 03:10AM
Related to this, I decided years ago to create my own SQL class which I submit queries to. That way you can get as complex as you like and WX won't stuff it up. Having said that, I don't use HFSQL so not sure how that would work given their SQL syntax doesn't seem totally standard.

BTW using this with WX28 with no issues.

Rgds
Paul
Hi ,

I also not using hyperfile , I using mysql .

I use query control back in time of WD12 where query control really useful . the later on version make this control become more hyperfile only

even after so many years, i do not understand why PCS keep invest in hyperfile .

Out there alot of free or paid database server , even after decades of investment in hyperfile , I don't see any great improvement nor do it try to make it follow sql standard .
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.