Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB For Company Web Page

WB For Company Web Page
March 10, 2023 12:19PM
Hi All

We need to revisit our web site.

I am very keen to give WB a try for this as it will give us easy integration to databases and the ability to work with dynamic web pages.

Have any of you used WB for this? Can I make it look similar to, say, mainstream web sites? Does anyone know if PCSoft has used their own technology for their web site?

Cheers
André
Al
Re: WB For Company Web Page
March 10, 2023 01:15PM
Hello Andre,

Clearly PCSoft, to use the American phrase, do not "eat their own dog food". If they did, their product would be a lot
better as they would be as frustrated with it as I am.

I have created a couple of very basic web pages in Webdev 25 for friends and they all have many "WDxxx" references as well as a Meta Name reference to WebDev as the generator. There are no similar references in the windev.com page

Regards
Al
pao
March 10, 2023 03:32PM
To use webdev (dynamic) to make comercial sites the main problem is the search engine optimization.
As far as i know you must use webdev 27 and some special cares to make the pages visible to the search engines.

Check this help page:
[doc.windev.com] or search SEO in the help.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
March 10, 2023 11:49PM
Hi Al

>>There are no similar references in the windev.com page

I had not noticed.

We have a bunch of WB web apps and they really work well, hence my further interest in it.

Cheers
André
March 10, 2023 11:50PM
Hi Paulo

>>To use webdev (dynamic) to make comercial sites the main problem is the search engine optimization.
>>As far as i know you must use webdev 27 and some special cares to make the pages visible to the search engines.

Thanks for that - I had not thought of SOE.

Cheers
André
Argus
March 15, 2023 07:32PM
I have made many web sites using webdev, and you cannot tell they are made in webdev except by looking at the code

For SEO, just use awp pages, as they are made for that.

These days, I made a lot of ONE PAGE site, using planes, which are extremely good for the user experience, as everything is there, and you just load the data when you need it.

For SEO, in this case, you juts need to put in place a mechanism where the site can be loaded on any plane and with any data using visible parameters and have those urls available directly somewhere (a directory part, by example)
ccc2
March 17, 2023 05:37PM
if you want to create simple fancy company website i suggest that you wordpress or wix that no need programing skill .
wordpress and wix have tons of template or theme to choose

WD is over kill to use , limited theme to choose
ccc2
March 17, 2023 05:42PM
if you don't want to do your self , you can easy find wordpress or wix freelancer at cheap cost
March 18, 2023 09:49AM
Greeting

I worked on several websites and web stores with WebDev PHP on a MySQL basis (Linux web server), I think that with a little knowledge and skills, a solid website can be made with a combination of html code.

The last work of the web store
[sb1-gradac.com]

[infosonline.net]
March 23, 2023 04:53PM
Hi All

Thanks to all who contributed. We have looked at wordpress etc but most of these general utility tools do not pass the smell test and you hit brick walls pretty quickly.

Since starting this thread I have indeed encountered some excellent sites developed with WB as company sites with the capacity to mix simple awp and dynamic pages.

Cheers
André
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.