Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

files stored in DropBox

Posted by gga 
gga
files stored in DropBox
February 22, 2023 03:28PM
Hi,
I have a client whose pictures were stored on a lan. Implementing a system to display them in my WinDev22 application was as simple as storing a link to their location but now the client wants to move those files to a DropBox folder and I am at a loss figuring out how to access them. I tried just storing a link (obtained from DropBox) but it just gives errors and fails and I believe the link is trying to download the file to the local machine; which I don't really want.
Has anyone else tried to implement this?
Thanks.
Garry
Re: files stored in DropBox
March 08, 2023 01:36AM
There is a DropBox API. But it looks like it is only for Web Apps and .NET. The web site for the Dropbox API is here; [www.dropbox.com]

As far as I could find out, there is no way to make a DropBox store look like a part of the Windows file system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2023 01:44AM by dmontaine.
Re: files stored in DropBox
March 08, 2023 06:56AM
Hi Donald,

imho there is CloudMounter [cloudmounter.net] in order to accomplish that feat.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.