Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Live update failing

Posted by SteveSitas 
Live update failing
January 27, 2023 11:18AM
Hi,
I have a very "strange" error with the WD26 live update/HTTP installer.

At some time I installed on my PC, v2.212 of one of my apps
I uninstalled v2.212 and deleted everything concerning v2.212 and then tried to reinstall the new version v2.215
But at the end of the installation - and after v2.215 was installed succesfully!! - I get an error message saying that the "install" is trying to copy the previous app v2.212 over v2.215.

I have tried searching for v2.212 on my machine, but no luck ...
It seems like v2.212 is left over some "failed installation", but where can I find it?

*This happens on only one station and the cause is probably a file locked from a previous install.

Regards
Steven Sitas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2023 11:19AM by SteveSitas.
Al
Re: Live update failing
January 27, 2023 12:03PM
Hello Steven

Try downloading a copy of Agent Ransack. If the file is on the pc, it will find it.
[www.mythicsoft.com]

Regards
Al
January 27, 2023 01:09PM
Hi Al,
I have tried both Agent .. and Ultrasearch but no luck ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
January 27, 2023 02:50PM
Hi,

Just a thought, I wonder if there's something in the registry?

Regards,
Darren.
January 27, 2023 06:10PM
Hi Darren,

I searched the registry, but nothing ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
February 05, 2023 07:13PM
Hi Steven,

I was using live update several years ago, and discovered similar problems.

I did my own "live update" using a soap service.
It took me about 1 or two days to program that, but now I am independant from that PC Soft Black Box.
And: If you do it yourself you can implement your own features, like
Lincence control (time limited test version, version with reduced functions and so on.

Regards

Stefan.
February 06, 2023 03:22PM
Hi Stefan,

I tried that also, but in my environment (IIs and Https) I am having a lot of access problems from outside my internal network.
If I "disable" my https certificate it works fine - no problem at all. But if I enable it, I get random errors !!!

I just enrolled in a class for IIs on Udemy - just to refresh my IIs knowledge and see if I am missing something very basic

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.