Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Window Testing Speed

Posted by ISO 
ISO
Window Testing Speed
December 14, 2022 12:21PM
Hi

I am looking at different ways to populate a window with data (different queries, filling tables and dropdowns etc..) Obviously want the optimal way of doing this.

for example which is quicker hreadseeklast or a query

incidentally hreadseeklast doesn't always read the last record for me!

anyway is there a way to show the performance/time as it opens the window and runs through the code.

thanks

ISO
Al
Re: Window Testing Speed
December 14, 2022 01:29PM
Hello Iso

The record returned by HreadSeekLast is dependent on the selected index. I use autoId's as the primary key index on every file and never have a problem with getting the last record using that index.

The profiler will show you the speed of the various elements in the window code.

Regards
Al
pao
December 14, 2022 02:29PM
Normally queries is the best option. You can get only the required fields, can get data from multple files with the same instruction, separate the load between the DB server and the workstation and so on.
The profiler is the best option i know to get this kind of information.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
ISO
December 14, 2022 02:32PM
Thanks both smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2022 02:33PM by ISO.
December 16, 2022 05:34PM
Greeting

Queries are made for such things

I always use queries and have never had a problem

[infosonline.net]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.