Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V27 - Version 2

Posted by DerekM 
V27 - Version 2
October 04, 2022 09:22PM
Hi

Does anyone know what's in 'version 2'.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to upgrade.

Thanks for any info or advice.

Regards,
Derek
Al
Re: V27 - Version 2
October 04, 2022 10:19PM
Hello Derek,

If you are currently on any version before V26, then I think you also need to consider the changes to the IDE that occurred in V26 before assessing V27. For me the changes in the V26 IDE made Windev an unworkable product and I have stayed with V25.

Regards
Al
October 05, 2022 05:30AM
Thanks Al,

Yea I'm on the latest V27. I did have a few issues with the IDE. I persisted as I needed some features. For some reason though (no idea why) - the slowness issues I had with "drill-down" (e.g. open right-click - table description) - seem to be not so bad anymore ... ?

There is no detailed description of any enhancements or fixes for version 2 (just released) that I can find. Wondering if it is worthwhile to upgrade.

Regards,
Derek.
Argus
October 10, 2022 06:44AM
[windev.com]

the list is there, as it always has been
October 10, 2022 06:14PM
Hi Argus

Thanks. Yes you are correct. I had checked the WebDev list and there were only 2 items. I (wrongly) thought perhaps there was more than that for a new version.

Regards,
Derek
Argus
October 11, 2022 05:36PM
there is always WAAAAAYYYY more, but as they do not like to list bugs, corrected or not, that is what you get...

Each version corrects tens and tens of bugs each time, so it's ALWAYS worth it to install them
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.