Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD27] - user groupware compatible with version 17

Posted by pao 
pao
[WD27] - user groupware compatible with version 17
October 03, 2022 01:26PM
My problem is sharing the same user groupware compatible with version 17 in two project.
One of the projects (main one) was converted from windev 22 and in description of the configuration I can see the option compatible with version 17 (image1).
In one new configuration created in windev27 of another project that must share the same user groupware, the option compatibility with version 17 isn’t available (image2).

Our client have aprox. 1000 users created and as you can imagine they don’t want to create and define everything again.

We need this new module to share the same user groupware they already have but we can’t find the compatibility option in the new projects only in projects converted from earlier versions of windev.

Anyone knows a way to force the use of the user groupware compatible with version 17 in windev 27?

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Attachments:
open | download - image1.png (227.1 KB)
open | download - image2.png (228.9 KB)
Al
Re: [WD27] - user groupware compatible with version 17
October 03, 2022 04:22PM
Hello Paulo

From memory, V17 would be using GPW and versions after that use GPU.

As there is no compatibility option in V27 you would probably need to turn off the groupware, add the groupware files to the existing analysis and modify the whole GPW process to run manually. I do that by adding a call to a modified version of the groupware in the "End of Initialization" of every window. The groupware is really quite simple as it just applies a state to any current window controls listed in the GPWElementConfiguration for the current user and as long as that is the last state that is set in the window opening it works as it should.

My manual hack of the groupware works ok in V25 except I have never been able to get the enumeration of some control types to work properly in the GPWAssociationConfiguration window. Maybe you would have better luck.

Regards
Al
Al
October 03, 2022 04:48PM
Hello Paulo

Just reviewing your post again:

Are the GPW windows included in the new configuration ?

Does the V17 option change if the new configuration is 32 or 64 bit ?

What is different in the setup of the configuration that works to the one that doesn't - description, elements, telemetry, components etc.

Regards
Al
pao
October 04, 2022 09:11AM
Hi Al,
The GPW elements are included in the project mede with earlier version of windev.As far as i can tell the only problem is the analisys.
The project created in V27 doesn't have the compatibility with V17 option avbailable and the projects converted from earlier versions of windev have.
When i try to run the project created in windev 27 it crates GPU* taqbles in the DB and the projects created with earliaer version uses GPW* tables.
I can't find a way to convert the content of the GPW* tablesto the GPU* tables.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Al
October 04, 2022 11:07AM
Hello Paulo

There is a groupware migration option in V18 when you open a V17 project with groupware. Maybe you could make a copy of the V17 project and open it in V18 to see how it goes ?

Regards
Al
pao
October 04, 2022 04:22PM
Hi Al,
I have changed a lot of stuff in the GPW windows, it will be very dificult to do it again in the GPU ones,
i have done some testing and i'm having problems accessing my data tables in the GPU windows, i need them because i need to check the password complexity rules and some other stuff depeding on some parameters stored in the database.

I'm thinking in adopt your sugestion to include the GPW tables in my analysis and run one procedure when every windows is opened to change the status of the controls. If i run the procedure using one event i don't have to make changes in every window of my apps and it's not possible to forget any of them.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Create a new project in 17
Migrate it in 27
Check that it has the option needed
Copy/import your objects code from the current v27 project in your nex project
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.