Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do you need to install HFSQL again on another disk drive?

Posted by RobertLeo 
Do you need to install HFSQL again on another disk drive?
September 30, 2022 07:38AM
Greetings,

For context I've just recently added a new HDD on the server (D:\) to be used to store the database but at the moment the db is stored in C:\. Is it possible to just move the db files from C:\ to D:\ or do we need to install HFSQL again if we want to use it on a different disk drive?
in the HFSQL directory on the server, there is an ini file containing the path to the DBs...

stop the server,move your DBs, change the path in the ini, and restart the server
Re: Do you need to install HFSQL again on another disk drive?
October 06, 2022 09:59AM
Hi Argus,

Thanks for the information, I tried to stop the server but I was met with the notification that "Mantamanager is not started or is not accessible on the server. If you stop the server, you will not be able to restart it from the HFSQL Control Center", Is there a way to fix this or should I just go for it?
Don't do it from hfsql manager

Go into "services" and stop mantamanager and hfsql
do your thing, then restart BOTH
Re: Do you need to install HFSQL again on another disk drive?
October 14, 2022 10:05AM
Thanks for your help Argus, it worked wonders
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.