Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Making HFSQL Server available outside the local network

Posted by jaistar 
Making HFSQL Server available outside the local network
September 14, 2022 10:23AM
Hi everyone,

Can we make our local HFSQL Server available online?

I want to make connection to my HFSQL Server from outside network

If anybody has ideas please share your thoughts

Thank you,

JAI STAR S
Re: Making HFSQL Server available outside the local network
September 14, 2022 10:39AM
Hi, there are no ideas whatsoever necessary. You can install your HFSQL C/S on most Linux Servers and on Windows Servers as well. Access is by IP-address + port (usually 4900, but any other possible).plus User + password.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
September 14, 2022 11:01AM
yes I can install and access from my local network but i want a way to connect from outside of my local network because we cannot connect the database with ipaddress if it is outside of same network.
September 14, 2022 11:16AM
Hi, this is quite impossible. Either your HFSQL Server has a public IP address on the internet or it is within your network where you could access it by the computer's local IP address within your network. Your server has to have an accessible IP address, that's the rule of the game.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
gga
September 14, 2022 03:30PM
What about something like NO-IP (noip.com) to create a dynamic DNS to your local HFSQL server?
I think it is even free for up to 3 IP addresses.
Garry
pao
September 14, 2022 03:58PM
If you don't have one public IP to put on your HFCS server, normally you can do one port forward in the router that provides the internet access and expose only the HFCS port.

in terms of security expose the database engine in the internet isn't the best solution, it can be easily compromised.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 06:06PM by pao.
September 15, 2022 10:46AM
Hi

I have connected my client through a VPN network, you have several providers of this service available.
This method requires good communication as well as good optimization of your application.

Using a VPN network, you are protected from external attacks. I would not recommend opening the port on your modem precisely for security reasons

[infosonline.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2022 10:50AM by infos.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.