Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reading sms

Posted by pietvanz 
reading sms
September 07, 2022 10:36AM
Hi,

I need to receive sms messages sent by an AVG truck on a pc and act on it.
What the best solution for this?
I would like to avoid using Windev Mobile and read that it is possible to use a GSM/GPRS modem to receive sms messages on a pc.
Has anyone done such thing?

Best regards,
Piet
pao
Re: reading sms
September 07, 2022 03:53PM
I have done it using GSM/GPRS modem and AT commands in the past. I don't do it this way anymore the AT commands to read SMS are strange and the reliability wasn't the expected.

Nowdays we use one SMS service online, they provide one mobile number to send/receive SMS and one REST API. It works well and we can send/receive SMS from our apps in any device whithout problems.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2022 06:50PM by pao.
September 09, 2022 12:56AM
Thanks, that seems like a good solution.
Regards,
Piet
September 09, 2022 08:37PM
Hi Piet,

I have done that with [www.messagebird.com] as my SMS service provider. Also for sending messages. Works like a charm.

Messagebrd receives your incoming messages (you need a virtual phone number from them), which cost a few euro's per month.
You can define one or more workflows to redirect the messages to your own email, webhook, etc
No need for your own hardware which is a big plus.

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.