Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to set up HFSQL Server in two different harddisk?

Posted by RobertLeo 
Is it possible to set up HFSQL Server in two different harddisk?
August 15, 2022 11:35AM
Hello, I am currently running my HFSQL server on the C: drive, but the storage is starting to get thin and I'm thinking of adding another HDD onto the server blade as D: drive, so is it possible to have both disks run in tandem and access to both of them together?
Al
Re: Is it possible to set up HFSQL Server in two different harddisk?
August 15, 2022 12:45PM
Hello Robert

IMO it is never a good idea to have your data stored on the same physical drive as the OS.
You would be better off moving the entire HFSQL Server to your new drive D:

Regards
Al
Re: Is it possible to set up HFSQL Server in two different harddisk?
August 15, 2022 05:07PM
Hello Ai,

Thank you for the response and I know that it is a bad idea, as I am feeling the effects now haha, but I was asking if it is possible to have the two up and running with HFSQL, because the DB in C is still being used for beta at the moment, while we prep the drive in D for live runs

additional question: If I want to use hfsql on drive D, should I install hfsql there as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2022 04:54AM by RobertLeo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.