Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Webdev 24]eBusiness example deployment

Posted by ericus 
[Webdev 24]eBusiness example deployment
August 08, 2022 08:06AM
Good morning

I am struggling to deploy the PC Soft example eBusiness website.

What I have done is registered a domain allschoolbooks.co.za and that must be the landing page for anyone want to order books online.

Next I used the eBusiness example as the backbone of my application. I can reach the administration area of the site by going to [www.allschoolbooks.co.za].

However where do I configure the application, or IIS, so that [www.allschoolbooks.co.za] goes directly to the shopfront and also force the button in the example that says 'Back to Site' to go to the shopfront.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Ericus Steyn
Re: [Webdev 24]eBusiness example deployment
August 08, 2022 06:15PM
Greeting

You have to adjust your connection settings, server name, database name and password in the website configuration.
Note: Your server must support HF SQL if you are running an AWP site

I started putting together my own web shop application (php - mysql base wb 23)
The site is responsive
Link: [infosonline.net]

[infosonline.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2022 06:26PM by infos.
Argus
August 09, 2022 07:49AM
I don't know this exemple, so this is just generalities

If the website is classic/sessionsn then the landing page is the one defined as first page in the webdev editor. So change that for the public page and redeploy and that's it.

If the website is awp or mixes awp and sessions (awp for the front office, and session for the back office), then you need to adjust the settings in IIS. In it, you will find the name of the pages to use as starting point( index.html by exemple)... Replace (or add in first line) YourLandingAWPPage.awp and you are done.

As for going back to the landing page from the backoffice, just doa scriptdisplay of your main url and IIS will do the rest
August 09, 2022 09:42AM
Thanks to both contributors. Infos your site looks good.

I am making progress.

In IIS, Handler Mapping for the site you have to add a mapping to Webdev wd240awp.exe for the AWP files.

Then, from www://allschoolsupplies.co.za/allschoolsupplies you get to the correct back office page and the correct ebusiness page when you click the button 'Back To Site'.

However, if I go straight to www.allschoolbooks.co.za then I don't get to the ebusiness site. And that is probably also a configuration settng somewhere in IIS.

On the server when I go to www.allschoolbooks.co.za the correct ebusiness page is displayed so it is something to do with the fact that localhost is being used on the server.

Please, any pointer so solve this little issue.

Ericus Steyn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.