Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Access Webserver stats

Posted by pauly139 
Access Webserver stats
August 04, 2022 04:03AM
Hi all

Using WB27

I'm wanting to enforce limits on the number of current sessions per user, per ip address - for example only allow 3 simultaneous sessions for a given userid on a given IP address. Is it possible to get access to the current connection data displayed by WDAdminWeb?

I know that UI can limit simultaneous connections via WDAdminWeb, but I'm looking for finer control than offered by that feature.

At the moment the only way I can see is keeping track myself as each logs in - but of course very view log off, they just close the browser session, making accurate tracking impossible.

Rgds
Paul
Re: Access Webserver stats
August 04, 2022 08:38AM
Hi, yes, that's possible. You have to use a stored procedure on the server.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
August 04, 2022 08:41AM
Thanks Guenter!
August 06, 2022 04:48AM
Hi Guenter

Afraid I'm going to need prodding in the right direction to access the current connections data. I found a likely set of fic files in WEBDEV27\ACCOUNT on the webserver, but they are all password protected. So my questions are:

1. Is that the correct directory for the connections data?
2. Any idea what the password would be for these files?

Rgds
Paul
August 13, 2022 05:11PM
Hi, of course, your application has to tell the stored procedure where the data is. e.g. put the connection info into a HF file and let the stored procedure read that data in order to open a connection.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.