Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FreeImage.dll (image conversion component)

Posted by jaistar 
FreeImage.dll (image conversion component)
July 04, 2022 09:20AM
I am trying to import freeimage.dll to my project for converting jp2 images to JPG images. I am using windev25 and getting the following error. anybody can give me the right freeimage.dll file
Error while importing the <FreeImage.dll> assembly.
Check whether the imported file is a .NET assembly.
Check whether the version of the .NET framework installed is at least equal to the version of the .NET framework used to compile this assembly.
If the assembly references other assemblies, check whether they are found in the same directory or in GAC (<Windows>\assembly directory).
Failure opening the metadata of <C:\My Projects\My_Project36\Exe\FreeImage.dll> assembly.
Error -2147024885
Technical information
What happened?
Error while importing the <FreeImage.dll> assembly.
Check whether the imported file is a .NET assembly.
Check whether the version of the .NET framework installed is at least equal to the version of the .NET framework used to compile this assembly.
If the assembly references other assemblies, check whether they are found in the same directory or in GAC (<Windows>\assembly directory).
Failure opening the metadata of <C:\My Projects\My_Project36\Exe\FreeImage.dll> assembly.
Error -2147024885
Error code: 3696001
Level: fatal error
Module: 'wdbrw64.dll (01A250089f - 25.0.436.1)
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 3696001
looks to me like this is a 'regular' dll, to be loaded with the loaddll function, and NOT a .net project at all
Re: FreeImage.dll (image conversion component)
July 05, 2022 08:15AM
I have a few problem-solving suggestions for you:

a) the .NET C# component is not longer supported, use only the C++ component
b) There is a VB6 "wrapper" use this, because in the history of WinDev VB6 components seem to be compatible
c) Install every C++ runtime, try then, if it still not work, try to contact the producer of FreeImage
July 07, 2022 07:38AM
Hello,

Check out the open source VB6 project PhotoDemon. It is using FreeImage exclusively for loading and converting image formats.

It will give you some ideas as to how to use FreeImage library effective.

Here is the URL: [photodemon.org]

HTH

--
Yogi Yang
August 01, 2022 02:09PM
Thank you everyone... i have downloaded freeimage.dll and freeimagenet.dll into my project exe folder and imported to my project. now it works well without any external application...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.