Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDev Upload Control

Posted by MediOffice 
WebDev Upload Control
June 28, 2022 04:58PM
I am happily using the upload control to upload files to my web server using my WB25 app. It uploads files stored on the Windows computer I'm running the app on. I just tried this on an iPad with Safari browser. It doesn't work. No file select box comes up. I guess there must be a different way to do this on an iPad. Anyone got any suggestions?
Re: WebDev Upload Control
June 29, 2022 12:59PM
Some weeks ago I had some issues with the latest iOS on my WB25 app. After much digging I discovered that when I pressed a button it was trying to execute page synch which was causing an out of synch error - even though the button was AJAX.

I found that if I unclicked this box on the button description - Advanced - Call the page synch......then the problem went away.

Now it's back on the upload control - on the latest iOS I get EXACTLY the same issue - when it executes UploadStart it does a page synch which causes an error. But the upload control doesn't have an option to switch off the page synch.

It's also all to do with the way the page is called that's doing the upload. It gets complicated!

Anyhow, in short I have to call the page using a pagedisplay (in non-ajax mode) from a button that has the above mentioned tick box off. THEN IT WORKS!!!!!! You have no idea how many hours it took to find that out!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.