Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fillable PDF in WebDev

Posted by MediOffice 
Fillable PDF in WebDev
June 22, 2022 10:39AM
I currently am able to open and display PDF files inside my WebDev 25 app. I load them into an iFrame - this works well as I get a nice toolbar with rotate, zoom etc.

I am now experimenting with fillable/editable PDF forms. They display fine and I can edit them no problem. But I have no way to save the edited PDF back to my server.

Any ideas?

Is there a better way to load, display, save PDF files in WebDev?
Re: Fillable PDF in WebDev
June 22, 2022 02:01PM
Hi,

Not used them myself (yet), but there are a whole host of PDF functions, but they work on PDF variable types. There's a PDFSave function for example, but it might mean you handle the PDF documents differently to how you are at the moment.

Regards,
Darren.
June 22, 2022 03:45PM
Thanks Darren, yes I've seen them to but nothing about displaying the PDF variable.....
June 22, 2022 03:53PM
What about this?
[help.windev.com]

Regards,
Darren.
June 22, 2022 04:08PM
I'm using WebDev and it's only available in WinDev
June 22, 2022 06:35PM
Hi,

Yes sorry, I diligently checked and then forget to check applicable products on my final reply!

You could probably do it in the cloud, but it won't be free. There's PDFCloud which is free but then they charge if you want to do API calls.

It doesn't help but it's a pity you can't do something like PDFReaderOpen(PDF_MyPDFReader, MyPDFVariable)

All I can suggest is a feature request to PCS?

Regards,
Darren.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.