Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Executable version number (WD24)

Posted by jacek 
Executable version number (WD24)
June 09, 2022 10:28PM
Hi,
My problem:
Windev is not incrementing version number while creating an executable, well, so it seems.

I did some research:
[1]. "Recompile the project before generating..." (Project description): is checked
[2]. "Recompile the project before generating..." (Creating the Windows executable): is checked
[3]. When I set the version number by hand it gets incremented in following compilation and the next one but not after I close and open WD again.
[4]. Thought I'd ask someone smarter than me

Why all this fuss:
I need the version number for updating customer installations

Please !
Have you struggled with a similar problem ?
Is there a work-around?
Have I forgotten to check some magic option ?
Any suggestion will be much welcomed
Thanks in advance
/Jacek
Re: Executable version number (WD24)
June 10, 2022 02:40AM
Hi,

Using WB24 and everything works as advertised.

Regards

issah
Al
June 10, 2022 03:18AM
Hello Jacek

Have you ticked the option "Automatically increment the version at each generation" in page 2 of the Version Information section ?

Regards
Al
June 14, 2022 03:28PM
Thanks Al.

Yes, I have.

Sorry for keeping quiet, but I did some more experimenting.
It seems that version does not get incremented when I compile my project in a batch (using *.wdbatch file).
The projects consists of several external components and the project that compiles to an EXE file.
I think I'll just drop WD version incrementing and make it myself just as I did with HTTP updating (Argus kind advice), unless...

All the best
/Jacek
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.