Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hTrack

Posted by AadG 
hTrack
May 12, 2022 11:19AM
Hi all,

I read something about hTrack. Does anyone use this function and for what purpose. Is it useable for tracking
a users behaviour?

Best regards,

Aad
Re: hTrack
May 12, 2022 11:27AM
Hi Aad, no it tracks WRITE OPERATIONS to a HyperFile file on HFSQL SERVER, see the HELP

Starts tracking write actions (addition, modification or deletion) performed on a file found in an HFSQL server. In case of modification, a specific procedure can be triggered.

This track can be stopped by HTrackStop.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2022 11:30AM by gpredl.
May 12, 2022 11:35AM
Hi Guenter,

I did read the Help first, but it says nothing about the use of it. So I thought when hTrack "sees" a deletion, a procedure can be started to add
info to a logfile (user etc) or am I mistaken by the meaning of the Help file text.

In this way there can never be a discussion of who deleted a record.

Best regards,

Aad
May 12, 2022 11:45AM
I made a small example and modified a record in an existing table and put in a codeline hTrack(Order,DetectModi, hRecnumall,hsModification) when the record was saved. Procedure DetectModi starts up and shows the message that I put in the procedure, i.e. File Order has been changed by John on 05/05/2022, 11:45. This line can be added in a kind of logfile. I only tested hsModification.

Best regards,

Aad

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2022 11:47AM by AadG.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.