Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A report with a variable number of columns in the header.

Posted by Sead Grbesic 
A report with a variable number of columns in the header.
May 11, 2022 02:19PM
Hello
I need to create a query-based report that does not have a fixed number of columns in the header. There can be 5, 7 or 10 of them for example. If anyone has an idea or even better experience in creating such a report, I would be grateful to share that idea or experience with me.
Thank you in advance and best regards.
I do this kind of things using hte techniques described in Fabrice Harari's video called "printing without report" is my memory is correct...

Basically, you print by calculating everything and printing with "iprint"
This course (free) comes with examples and source code with built in functions, and if I remember correctly, there is an example of multiple columns report with the text flowing from one column to the next, and in it the number of colums is a setting...

So you would have some good starting points there
pao
Re: A report with a variable number of columns in the header.
May 12, 2022 08:46AM
We have done something like this usinfg controlclone in the report.
We only have 1 report to print the information from table controls, the report checks the number of columns in the table control and create the same number of columns in the report.
The dificult part was to calculate the size of the controls in the report based on the the table control column.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Re: A report with a variable number of columns in the header.
May 21, 2022 02:18PM
Hello,

pao Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have done something like this usinfg
> controlclone in the report.
> We only have 1 report to print the information
> from table controls, the report checks the number
> of columns in the table control and create the
> same number of columns in the report.
> The dificult part was to calculate the size of the
> controls in the report based on the the table
> control column.

I am also trying to implement a variable columns report but am not able to make much progress.

Can you share some part of your code here please?

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.