Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possibility of hosting a WB20 project in WAS24

Posted by YogiYang 
Possibility of hosting a WB20 project in WAS24
April 29, 2022 07:17AM
Hello,

I have received an inquiry for building a web based CRM solution. The to be client is already using a web application in WAS24.

We are actually using WX20 for most of our work.

I would like to know if it is possible to run a project created in WB20 on WAS24?

We will have to use MySQL as database and not HFSQL as this is the requirement of the client.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
pao
Re: Possibility of hosting a WB20 project in WAS24
April 29, 2022 01:05PM
I tested a similar thing between v16 and v22 and it was necessary to make several changes to the application because there were slightly different behaviors between the versions.
You have to do exhaustive tests at runtime because you may have different results than what you have in development.

If only dynamic apps are used you can have the 2 WAS (V20 & V24) in the same server without major problems.
If AWP is used don't install the 2 version in the same server, when i tryied that it was a mess.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
if the webdev 24 server was configured correctly at install, then yes, no problem.
When installing, there is a question asking if you wznt to support OLDER version of the webdev engine. If answered yes, then ALL older webdev enginbes are installed too, and your webdev 20 website will be managed by the older engine.

You can check that in IIS where one entry per engine is visible.

If this option was NOT checked at the time of the install, then the webdev server will need to be RE-installed, as it's the only time that this option is available.

I have used this many times without any problem (again, IF configured correctly)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.