Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Live Update for standalone application

Posted by jaistar 
Live Update for standalone application
April 27, 2022 01:27PM
Hi everyone....
i have installed windev application in client pc's... i have more than 10 clients... each time i have to go to their place for updating application... is there any way to live update the application which is already made as standalone application?
Al
Re: Live Update for standalone application
April 27, 2022 02:18PM
Hello Jaistar,

You could use remote access support software like Splashtop or Teamviewer.
Spashtop is much cheaper than Teamviewer. Teamviewer has a free copy but it will only work to one location

You could make the update with a patch or the complete new application.
If there is a data file change then you would need to include the project .wdd file in the patch and as a separate file and then run WDModfic at the client site.

Regards
Al
ccc2
April 27, 2022 05:47PM
the simplest method

1. build installer
2. upload to gdrive and share the file
3. send the link to your customer .

your customer only need to click the link it will download and click run will run the installer .

THE END drinking smiley
Infoss
May 06, 2022 04:23PM
Greeting
I made a special app that checks to see if there is a new version of the app on my web server. We use the FTP protocol. After downloading the new version, the application launches
May 07, 2022 06:48AM
Wow... that sounds great.... i also made an application using ftp but after the installation i unable to open the link in my client computer... it shows blank page... I have attached screenshots in the pdf... please check if you can help me... thanks
Attachments:
open | download - LiveUpdateUsingHTTP_compressed (1).pdf (116 KB)
May 08, 2022 12:05PM
Hi,
check this.

[doc.windev.com]

BR,
Alen
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.