Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev on Web server ???

Posted by Infoss 
Infoss
WinDev on Web server ???
April 12, 2022 04:43PM
1. Can I use the same HF C / S database and webdev application and windev application?
Webdev application AWP.
I've never tried it so I'm asking for your opinion.

2. If possible do web service providers with HF C / S database allow access from desktop computer through windev application
my PC on a Web server?
Argus
Re: WinDev on Web server ???
April 12, 2022 05:34PM
if I understand correctly the question, YES, you can share a HFSQL DB (or any Dcool smiley between a webdev application and a windev one

THe windev application can run on the webdev server OR on a distant machine and access the HFDB from away

and YES, webdev/hfsql hosters (like kalanda.net) allow distant access to HHSQL DBs
Infoss
April 12, 2022 05:53PM
Thanks Argus for the reply

This is exactly what I need for my new project that I have to work on

Thanks and goodbye
Infoss
April 12, 2022 05:58PM
I did WebDev PHP applications on MySQL base, however, these php servers have become a real target of hackers so I am thinking of switching to AWP wdb sites and HF DB server.
In your opinion, are AWP pages more secure than PHP pages?
Argus
April 12, 2022 06:54PM
I have never seen a hacker targeting an awp site, as most probably they have no idea what they are...

So I would say that yes, because they are not known, they are more secure, which means that they would be a significant investment in time and effort for hacker to find any vulnerability that MAY exist. With a php server, there are tons of known vulenrability, and more coming up all the time.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.