Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upload control works on production server but not on dev pc

Posted by mixgh 
Upload control works on production server but not on dev pc
April 07, 2022 02:27PM
Hi,

Using Webdev 24.

The upload control had been working on both my development pc and production server. Now all of a sudden, it fails on UploadCopyFile() on the development pc. I need to update production with new changes but I am afraid I might mess up what is already working on the site.

Besides upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, nothing really has changed on my dev pc. I have even disabled my anti-virus protection and firewalls. I also went back to Windows 10 pc and that doesn't work either. Even the unit example fails on UploadCopyFile(). I would appreciate any help, ideas or experiences that could shed light on what is wrong.

Thanks and regards

issah
Re: Upload control works on production server but not on dev pc
April 07, 2022 03:18PM
Hi,

While debugging, I now get the message, "Unable to assess expression"

Image can be viewed here or by opening the attachment: [imgur.com]

Thanks and regards

issah
Attachments:
open | download - debug.png (26.5 KB)
April 07, 2022 11:57PM
Hi Issah, there is a semi-colon at the end of the filename, would that be the cause?
April 09, 2022 03:51AM
Hi Mike,

File is selected by the Upload control. I think its a separator incase you do a multi-select.

I believe UploadCopyFile() function being inaccessible is the real problem. As if the dll is corrupt. I'll try a fresh install

Thanks an regards

issah
April 19, 2022 01:49AM
Hi,

After playing around with every possible parameter I could think off, it turns out that UploadCopyFile() works with a 32 bit WebDev installation but not a 64 bit one. PCSoft, your move.

Thanks Mike and to anyone who read the post and tried to solve it.

Regards

issah
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.