Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM25]Any way to create a global procedure to log user out and return to login screen?

Posted by RobertLeo 
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a global procedure in WM25 that would log you out after being inactive for a set amount of time and return to the login screen? I tried to create one but it hasn't worked thus far and attempted to create it in each screen, and while it worked on the WM emulator, it would constantly crash when made into an app... So anyone have any pointers for this?

PS: This is to avoid the "Disconnected from database" error that would popout after a period of inactivity as the login screen has no connection to the DB until we press login
First, I have to say that I am mostly using ONE window with planes in it in mobile... In my experience, it allows for way more control...

So in my case, your request is as easy as a timer, a hcloseconnection and a change of plane...

In your case, if you do not want to have strange errors, you need to close each window from the window where it was open, so you need to keep track and tell each window to do that...

Except of course if you only have one level of child windows
In that case, timer in the first window with procedure that closes all childs, close the connection, and you are done
Hello Argus,

thanks for the response, I am using a timer already but I haven't tried hcloseconnection so I'll give that a try, and yowch, so no global procedure is possible? Because there's quite a lot of screens to go through...
Hi Robert,

Perhaps you could create a template containing the desired code and apply it to all your screens.

Regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.