Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Debug won't Start

Posted by bruno 
Debug won't Start
March 30, 2022 12:13PM
I'm having a problem when trying to debuggin windev projects, the projects won't start and shows red square around the list of compilation errors that until now it ignored, I have tryied multiple projects of windev 24 and 26 the projects are in SCM
my collegues can run them just fine, but in my computer nothign .
I have unistalled windev and deleted the folders of the instalation and the folders in Appdata/Local/PC SOFT, and reinstalled fresh with no luck.
I'm running Windows 10, Windev 24 VI 240077f and Windev 26 VI 260101d
Argus
Re: Debug won't Start
March 30, 2022 01:14PM
two things you can try:

1. in your project directory, delete the .cpl subdir and the .env file

or

2. in the registry, delete the PC SOFT/WD 26 key (you will loose all yor environment settings by doing that, so you may want to make a backup of the key in case that does not solve your problem
March 30, 2022 02:00PM
Thanks still no fix even the deletion of the registry keys, just for checking is this the correct path of where I should delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PC SOFT\WinDev ?
Attachments:
open | download - Regestry.png (62.2 KB)
Argus
March 31, 2022 02:17PM
yep, that's the one with all the settings.

if after reinstalling windv, and removing all the settings you still have the problem, then it looks like the problem is external.

So, let's look at the usual suspect, your A/V system.

Did you exclude the windev directory, AND your project directory from the A/V surveillance? If not, do it now (do it always, as windev is doing a ton of things that are NOT standard for a program)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.