Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gmail client ?

Posted by SteveSitas 
Gmail client ?
March 28, 2022 09:57AM
Hi,
Any suggestion for a Gmail client that is 100% compatible with the WD print previewer?

Regards
Steven Sitas
Argus
Re: Gmail client ?
March 28, 2022 01:50PM
could you expand on your question... I do not understand

A gmail client is not printing in windev, so how could it be compatible with the print preview?
March 28, 2022 04:46PM
When you use the embedded print viewer of WD, you can select ->export, and email the PDF to a recipient.
WD uses the default windows email client ..
I want to use a Gmail Windows Client instead - like Wundermail for Gmail.

All other Windows apps work fine, with Wundermail for Gmail as the default email app - but my WD 26 apps report that they cannot find the default email app. I am running Windows 11 ..

Regards
Steven Sitas
Al
March 28, 2022 06:09PM
Hello Steven

It is messy because the preview window is a PCSoft black box

I add an extra email button into the "Export" menu tab
In the init of that button I have some logic that either hides that button or hides the existing buttons - Btn_Email_HTML and Btn_Email_PDF
The preview window is really fragile so don't delete the existing buttons, just hide them

My button opens an email window that uses smtp to send the email
The logic that I use to decide which email option to use is also used prior to opening the preview to create a pdf copy of the report so it can be provided as an attachment to my smtp email window

Regards
Al
March 29, 2022 11:52AM
Hi Al,
I was hoping to avoid this extra path, but since I can't make the standard approach to work on ALL computers, I will follow your suggestion.

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.