Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just some information about WinDev

Posted by Kobus 
Kobus
Just some information about WinDev
March 26, 2022 05:45PM
Hi everyone

I would like to know if it is possible in WinDev to create a window with 2 tables of 2 different databases like Employees and WorkHistory? For example the first table shows all employees and the second table shows all information of a specific employee selected in the first table. The second table can have more than one record related to the specific employee only that was selected and not all the other employees information. I've look at the tutorials if there is any example.

I would really like to achieve this in WinDev.

Thank you

Regards
Kobus
Re: Just some information about WinDev
March 26, 2022 06:18PM
Hi Kobus,

Yes of course you can have multiple tables on a window no problem. My advice would be; use queries to populate the tables.

Write a query to populate your Employees table and link it to the Employee table.

Write another query to populate your WorkHistory table and make sure it has an input param which is the ID of the selected Employee row. In the "Selecting a row of ..." event of the Employee Table Control, pass the EmployeeID into the WorkHistory query and execute it and use the results to populate the WorkHistory table.

Simple as that...

Regards,
Darren.
Kobus
March 26, 2022 06:42PM
Hi DarrenF

Thank you for replying.

I'm not very knowledgeable with WINDEV. I will have a look at it. I'm actually a Newbie but will do some researching. Did some programming in Clarion.

Regards
March 29, 2022 03:52PM
Hello,

I would advise you to go through the tutorial of WinDev first. It will be easier for you.
Kobus
March 29, 2022 05:57PM
Hi YogiYang

Thanks for the advise. I need to start from the bottom and not trying to start on the top. I will certainly do that.

Regards

Kobus
Argus
March 30, 2022 01:17PM
and once you have done that (the tutorial), you can explore Fabrice Harari's channel on youtube...

Some of the videos are good for beginners... Comes to mind: "My Best practices", "data access"...
Be aware that some broach quite advanced subjects, like wxreplication, so don't go in there for now :-)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.