Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hCopyfile.

Posted by AadG 
hCopyfile.
January 26, 2022 11:16AM
Hi,

There's a function hCopyFile to copy HFSQL files to another map. Is there a function like hCopyDir. I looked in the help but could not find anything.

Best regards,

Aad
Re: hCopyfile.
January 26, 2022 04:58PM
Hi,

maybe fcopydir helps you
January 26, 2022 05:02PM
Thanks for your reaction, but no. This can only be used for plain copying, but not for copying maps from the database as hCopyfile can. I think files are locked with fCopydir but don't know for sure..
January 26, 2022 07:57PM
Hi,

What do you mean by "copy files to another map"; are you referring to indexes?

Database files are just files, so fcopyfile and fcopydir will copy database files, they just won't do anything fancy like create an index but if the .fic, .ndx and .mmo etc. files already exist in the directory you are copying then there shouldn't be a problem.

You could use hindex after the copy if required.

Obviously, I may have totally got the wrong end of the stick with regards to your use case? winking smiley

Regards,
Darren.
January 27, 2022 06:02PM
Hi Darren,

I was just wondering why there is a hCopyfile and no Hcopydir. Advantage of the hCopyfile is, that it is easily to use when you don't know all the filepaths. I copy database files because I make heavy use of the hAlias-function. It's also handy for making backups.

Best regards,

Aad
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.