Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forms Designer

Posted by MediOffice 
Forms Designer
January 24, 2022 11:52AM
I'm using WB25 and I want to integrate with some sort of Forms designer. My application is a medical one and it would be nice for the doctor to be able to create their own forms for patients to complete online e.g. past medical history. I need to be able to email out links for these forms and get the responses back in some way. Something like Google Forms. Anyone have any ideas or done any work in this area?
Argus
Re: Forms Designer
January 24, 2022 01:36PM
there are two parts to the problem: Storage and UI

Storage: You'll need 3 files
- Form (contain the name/header of the form)
- questions (one record per question/field), linked to forms
- answers, one record per answer, linked to questions

In order to create a form, the user will just have to give it a name, then enter each question one after the other. If necessary, you can add a list of controls/conditions (mandatory or not, size of answer, type of answer, range of answer, etc)

Now the UI (to USE a form):
You can either use a wizard type UI or a list type one. The wizard one displays one question at a time, with a next button. This is easy to code and has the advantage of being easily usable from a phone. THe UI will have different types of fields, and depending on the controls/cnditions of the question, will make visible what is needed (by example a date field, a short text field, a memo field)

For the list one, you can simply use a looper with a question per line, and again different types of fields and again only visible fields are those needed

In both case, it's simple enough to code
Re: Forms Designer
January 24, 2022 05:14PM
Thank you. Yes, I have done something similar before doing exactly that using a Looper. It does work but it's a lot of work to make it really polished. I had one in Clarion some years ago that was very sophisticated. It created sentences of responses (generated letters) and you could have conditional questions. There are some very nice ones out there that I would rather integrate with.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.