Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing page 2 of a PDF stored in a binary field

Posted by Willy 
Printing page 2 of a PDF stored in a binary field
January 19, 2022 10:38PM
Hello,

I store some PDF files into a Windev database. Therefore I use a binary field.

I am able to view the several PDF pages. When I want to print a collection the system only prints the first page of the PDF.

Is there a solution in the report editor.

Thanks,

Willy.
Re: Printing page 2 of a PDF stored in a binary field
January 24, 2022 09:40AM
Am I the onlyone with this problem?
Thanks.

Willy
you are asking for a solution in the report editor and I don't know if my solution would work there.

in order to display a specific page of a pdf in an image field, you only have to specify the ..pagenumber property (not sure of the name, but it's something like that)

So, maybe it's possible to do the same thing in the report editor (by code, of course) and to change the page number when printing

If it's not, then you have the solution of extracting each page of the pdf using an image field, the pagenumber property and dsaveimùagejpg, THEN print each image on the page of your report
Re: Printing page 2 of a PDF stored in a binary field
January 24, 2022 04:12PM
Hi Willy, no, I did not see that problem ...

1) I store the PDF in "Other binary Memo"

2) I extract the PDF document from the file like this
HExtractMemo(PDF_REPOSITORY,PDFREPO_DOKUMENT,MyINIFileDirectory+"\PDF_LIEFERSCHEINE\"+"LS_VIEW4.PDF")

3) I open the PDF document with a separate Free Window whereon the PDFReader is placed with
PDFReaderOpen(DocumentReader1,DOKUMENT)

The PDFReader is then used to print the PDF document ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.