Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Relocating a project

Posted by norfolk-reg 
Relocating a project
January 18, 2022 05:49PM
Hi,

I know I've seen something about this before, but I cannot find it. I've just had to switch to using a new laptop, and so I've copied over my project folder.

Once moved, I delete the project's cpl folder, opened the project and then repaired it. Everything seems ok except when I try to build an installable executable. It fails with the message shown in the attachment; basically at this point something is looking for the project's .wdd file in the old location, but I can't find anywhere still mentioning this old location.

I've clearly not moved the project in the right way; can anyone please help?

Cheers
Reg
Attachments:
open | download - install error.JPG (64.6 KB)
Re: Relocating a project
January 18, 2022 06:24PM
Hi Norfolk-Reg

I'ld say to have a look
1/ in the project description
2/ in the analysis description or connections

for pointers to this location.

Cheers

Peter
January 18, 2022 06:30PM
Hi Peter,

Nothing there unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers
Reg
January 18, 2022 07:02PM
Hi Reg,

I relocate projects using the Backup & Restore quite often.

It basically just a matter of; Creating your new project folder, making a backup of the project using; Tools > Make a project backup, then restoring the project in the new location using; Tools > Restore a project.

I don't think it's as simple as copying the project folder 'cos I think WX uses the registry and just copying the folder introduces problems, but I might be wrong.

I used this backup/restore recently when moving stuff to a new laptop - works well.

Regards,
Darren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2022 07:04PM by DarrenF.
January 18, 2022 07:04PM
I'll certainly remember that in future Darren, thanks..
Argus
January 18, 2022 07:22PM
this error is coming from the installor editor (wdinst).

So you can either:
- simply delete the installer configuration file and redo the install settings from scratch
- OR open the wdinst full UI (not the regular wizard/you will find that in the tools menu) wwhere you have access to all the settings in that file and can find out what is incorrect
January 18, 2022 08:27PM
Hi Argus,

Brilliant, thanks for the help.

Kind Regards
Reg
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.