Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD[25] How to run web browser other than IE in windev

Posted by Mujahid 
[WD[25] How to run web browser other than IE in windev
January 12, 2022 10:51AM
Hi All,

I try using the Windev Internet Browser sample.

This system is using ActiveX and the default browser to be run is Internet Explorer.

How to change this internet explorer browser to any other browser such as Firefox or else?

// Is the ActiveX installed?
RegistryExist("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Shell.Explorer")
IF ErrorOccurred THEN
Error("This application requires Internet Explorer 4 (or later)")
EndProgram()
END

// Load the ActiveX
ActiveX_Web="Shell.Explorer"

Internet Explorer is limited to run video streaming in browser.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mujahid
look on the pcsoft web site, in the online repository (https://repository.windev.com/)
You will find an example of using chromium in your project
Re: [WD[25] How to run web browser other than IE in windev
January 15, 2022 02:43AM
Hi Argus,

Actually i need to run live video in browser (Windev) using webcam or CCTV Camera which is Internet Explorer cannot run it. I have try to run the live video using Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome which is no problem.

I have try the sample on repository (Canary Bay 32-bit) and it is work.

I found that in WD26 there is HTML display control: Chromium technology. Is it same function such as repository sample? Anyone try this?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mujahid
it is based on the same chromium technology...
As it's integrated for you, it's simpler to use but you have less control (by example, you cannot choose which version of the external library is being used)
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.