WD 26 cyber attack vulnerabilities
December 27, 2021 10:17PM
My major client is concerned about cyber attacks. Has anyone experienced a problem with WinDev applications?

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
JP
Re: WD 26 cyber attack vulnerabilities
December 27, 2021 11:25PM
Jeff,

You will need to give more information about the how your app is structured and accessed by users in order to give any useful feedback.
December 28, 2021 06:14PM
My application uses HF Server in a private network of 20+ computers with interface to MS Word and Outlook. It uses the Native SQL Server driver for access to SQL Server 2019 manufacturing data. I have port 4900 open for SCM access only.

The application mainly tracks all customers, vendors and contacts. It stores correspondence, project, spreadsheets, images and CAD designs. It has many special reports of the manufacturing data that they cannot access from their manufacturing application.

My main question from my client is if there has been any cyber attacks of WinDev applications.

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
December 29, 2021 12:40PM
I assume that windev like any other software product has security gaps.

But due to their low distribution, they are probably less known than other products. I think security flaws in products like C # or SQL Server etc. are known in the evil community, but who cares about Windev?

Regardless of that, I think it's a question of the infrastructure. If your network is well secured, a security gap in your application cannot be reached from the outside. The same applies to web applications or web services. If the infrastructure fits and you have programmed properly, you should be on the safe side.
Basically, I think you are on the safe side due to the lower prevalence of WX.

What I would thin about are open ports .... I think I would close 4900 if possible, or at least configure the firewall in that way, that it allows only traffic from specific IP Adresses.

Just my 5 cents.

Regards

Stefan.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.