Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to disable "Did you know?" feature

Posted by dmontaine 
How to disable "Did you know?" feature
November 28, 2021 06:38AM
It seems that the ability to disable the "Did You Know" feature is gone from the Project, Project, Description, Advanced pane in the 101d (October 2021) version of Windev. Has it moved somewhere else or can we not get rid of this "feature" any more? I just hate automatic user-facing "features" that I have no control over.
Re: How to disable "Did you know?" feature
November 28, 2021 01:51PM
Hi, yes, the checkbox's gone from the place where ist should be! It should be in Project .. Description .. Advanced but isn't there. Another question to ask PC Soft ... same goes since ages for the missing checkbox "This is an MDI project". If you copy an old v25 project with "Did you know?" off then its off in v26. I could not test the AAF in the windows control there's a small "?" - is suspect, it's the "?"-menue where you can disable the "Did you know?" thing. I'm not happy with that thing too because most of our customers don't speak enough English to understand the tipps ..

From the Help:
If your application contains no automatic help menu:
Adding an automatic menu into your main window: on the "Window" tab, in the "Bars and menus" group, expand "Main menu" and select "Add the '?' menu". For more details, see '?' menu.
In the wizard, the "Did you know" option must be checked in order to create the corresponding menu option.
Validate the wizard. The automatic help menu is created. The "TipOfTheDay" component is automatically included in your project.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2021 05:39PM by gpredl.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.