Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WX] Windows 11 on Arms - Which suitable WX tools?

Posted by Mujahid 
[WX] Windows 11 on Arms - Which suitable WX tools?
November 24, 2021 04:24AM
Hi All,

There many reviews Windows 11 OS on Arm processor.

Which WX tools should we use for producing software/apps? WD or WDM?

Which WX version is ready for this?

Thanks.

Regards,
Mujahid
Re: [WX] Windows 11 on Arms - Which suitable WX tools?
November 24, 2021 07:16AM
Hi,

what's the important API-difference between Windows 10 and Windows 11? Not so much. "Round Corners"? Really? We do have them since quite a few versions of WINDEV.

[developer.microsoft.com]

So, any current desktop application (32-bit + 64-bit made using WINDEV 26) will run on Windows 11 as well as on Windows 10, Windows 7, even on Windows XP (mostly a 32-bit version).

There will be a Windows 11 for ARM processors. It will compete with Android on Raspberry Pi but rather not with Android on phones and tablets. However, there is a (free!!) Android version for Raspberry Pi and you can use WINDEV mobile for creation of any app. It's working! Recently we made some Raspberry Pi apps for Android using WINDEV mobile!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
November 25, 2021 01:36AM
Hi Guenter Predl,

I requested PCsoft to be able run Windows and Linux (WD Software) in ARM Processor many years ago. Or WDM Apps for Linux Apps (For Linux ARM Processor project). But still not available i think. We can use WD Java to run on ARM Processor but i think the HFSQL Control Center cannot install on ARM Processor. This make the WD Java apps not practical for our client.

Good to hear you already run Android in Raspberry. Have you test WDM (Android) handle Raspberry Pin (GPIO) using Serial (Port) function?

Do you have any idea, how to remotely/locate database on Android machine? This is for add, modify and delete data.
If using Windows OS (Intel) we can install HFSQL Control Center on the PC then add Webdev Intranet System (for Remote control) or Android Apps. But i think HFSQL Control Center cannot install to Android OS or ARM based Linux OS.

Please advise and sorry for my limited knowledge for wrong information.

Thanks a lot.

regards,
Mujahid
November 25, 2021 07:37AM
Hi,

I expect Windows 11 / ARM to be a functionally reduced edition - compared to Windows 11 / x86. They even did not tell us whether there will be a GUI for Windows 11 / ARM at all. Btw Windows 10 / ARM has no GUI! This is because users would experience a very slooow computer.

On Android on Raspberry Pi 4 you can have local HFSQL databases and remote ones too. There is no functional loss compared to any other Android devices. I recommend you to do a test with WINDEV mobile 26.

Serial ports. WINDEV mobile 27 will support serial ports on Android (see item 656 of [fr.pcsoft-windev-webdev.com] ). However, there is yet no mention of serial port handling in WINDEV mobile within the French v27 Help system. Meanwhile, maybe, you could use serial ports via the current Android API ( [developer.android.com] )

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.