Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev jQuery version

Posted by pietvanz 
Webdev jQuery version
October 20, 2021 09:32AM
Hi all,

To whom it may concern:
I was having issues with the jQuery DatePicker control (which is excellent btw)
Loading the proper jQuery modules resulted in occasional errors in the browser, probably when loaded libraries collided in some way.
I found this excellent WX Experts blog by (uncle) Pete Halsted explaining how to replace the Webdev jquery libraries and fix some minor security issues as well.

The example (scroll to the bottom) shows the Windev directory, but in my case the jQuery files were located in Webdev 23\Programs\Resource.
Instead of renaming the old files I moved them to a backup directory, because I noticed that otherwise the renamed filles will be copied to the project too when compiling..
I replaced jQuery-3.js and jQuery-ui.js by their most recent versions.
There's also jquery-ui.min.css, you need to include that in the project (I could not confirm that Webdev loads any jQuery css from the resources folder)
Datepicker works like a charm and not problems in Webdev sofar!

Best regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.