Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SOLVED - Size and position of table columns WX26

Posted by SteveSitas 
SOLVED - Size and position of table columns WX26
October 07, 2021 07:31PM
Hi,
I did a recompile of some old v21 apps, using WD 26.
I suddenly lost size and position handling of table columns in some (not all) of my windows.
Checked with the registry, XML, and ini files parameters for Initparameter, but no luck.

Any Ideas?

Regards
Steven Sitas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2021 11:13AM by SteveSitas.
Re: Size and position of table columns WX26
October 08, 2021 06:38AM
Hi Steven,

the columns of all my table controls are always adjusted to 100%, means that all anchoring adds up to exactly 100%. I cannot believe that these values are lost - if so, please tell us! If you do not define table controls that way then you're at the hands of PC Soft's programmers. Table Controls in Wx are a permanent construction site and therefore subject to change.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Re: Size and position of table columns WX26
October 08, 2021 11:12AM
Hi Guenter and thanks for your post,

I finally found the problem and I am posting it here - if someone else stumbles on it.

If you have these types of command(s) - anywhere in a window (with a table control):

yourTABLE.col1..visible = FALSE

and you have enabled (in the yourTABLE table) the "select columns menu, " the yourTABLE "restores" to the original design - bypassing any changes a user has made - either using a XML, INI or Register entry.

Regards
Steven Sitas.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2021 11:15AM by SteveSitas.
Re: SOLVED - Size and position of table columns WX26
October 11, 2021 11:34AM
Hi,
found another Bug in Resizing
- you should find a way so users do not "hide" the"anchor column" of the table.

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.