Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD26] Known bugs of the new HTML_Edit control by using E-Mails

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
[WD26] Known bugs of the new HTML_Edit control by using E-Mails
October 01, 2021 08:33AM
Hi,

I played a week with the new HTML_Edit control. I´m developing a new helpdesk system for our company, so we get a lot of Emails from the user (most o365 / outlook)

First of all, it works so far. But we found 2 bugs, that could be difficult to find.
One of them I send to PC Soft, but they don´t understand the problem and I give up to do that in the future.

Here are the the results of our investigation:

1. Base Href Problem

Sometimes users send Emails with screenshot in the body. We found that sometimes a tag called "baseref" exist inside the email (snippet tool of windows) , witch overrides the ..workingdirectory property of the control and none of the images are displayed. We deleted the tag and the probem was solved.

//Base Href Problem ----------------
sText			= ExtractStringBetween(sMailtext,1,"<base href=",">",IgnoreCase)
sErgebnistext	= Replace(sMailtext,"<base href="+sText+">","",IgnoreCase)

2. CID: Problem

Sometimes the "emailread" (pop3) works incorrect. Every image which is linked in the mail body has something like that:

src="cid:image004.jpg@01D7B5F3.DFC9E570">

Windev creates sometimes a second dot like that

src="cid:image004..jpg@01D7B5F3.DFC9E570"> or

src="cid:image004.jpg@01D7B5F3..DFC9E570">

The result is that this image is not displayed in the body. The ".." has to replace with "."

//CID: Doppelpunkt Problem------------------
sAlterWert		= ExtractStringBetween(sErgebnistext,firstRank,Charact(34)+"cid:",Charact(34),IgnoreCase)
sNeuerWert		= Replace(sAlterWert,"..",".",IgnoreCase)
sErgebnistext	= Replace(sErgebnistext,sAlterWert,sNeuerWert,IgnoreCase)

WHILE sAlterWert<>EOT
	sAlterWert		= ExtractStringBetween(sErgebnistext,nextRank,Charact(34)+"cid:",Charact(34),IgnoreCase)
	sNeuerWert		= Replace(sAlterWert,"..",".",IgnoreCase)
	sErgebnistext	= Replace(sErgebnistext,sAlterWert,sNeuerWert,IgnoreCase)
END

Hope this helps someone. Its´a pity, that PC Soft found no solution for a really collaboration with the developpers to make the product great again.

regards Michael

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2021 08:36AM by Michael Drechsel.
Re: [WD26] Known bugs of the new HTML_Edit control by using E-Mails
October 01, 2021 09:32AM
There should be more Michaels at the PC Soft office thumbs up

Arie
Re: [WD26] Known bugs of the new HTML_Edit control by using E-Mails
October 01, 2021 11:20AM
smileys with beer

regards Michael
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.