Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WX 27, some of the news

Posted by Argus 
Argus
WX 27, some of the news
September 28, 2021 10:44PM
WX27 has been announced, the french doc is available on the pcsoft web site...

For those of you not speaking french and not willing to google translate, here is a list of new functions that I find interesting (and no, I'm not going to translate the whole shabang)

- Diagram editor field for windev and webdev (vectorial, thousands of svg cliparts, your own graphics, links, text...)
user can create or code

- pdf field's new functions: fill a form, user can sign electronically, supports multiple electronic signatures, lets user do a manual signature, new format PDF/A 1.7 (iso 32000)
- Available also for WEBDEV

- word processing field improvement: external images links, automatic http link detection,

- calc field improvement: support of xlts and xltm, support of protected sheets

- Multi-platform componants now available (windows, linux, web, android, ios)

- A new pane in the editor show where the code is in a window/page as a tree.

- Image editor field improvement : shades, OCR, ...

- Editor : a new pane displays contextual help, ie everything about the current function

- Images' catalog: all black and white images can now be colorized, new images using windows 11 look

- Better Github integration (open from editor, see history from editor...)

- several SCM improvements

- code editor improvement in predictive input

- New AI functions working with an included AI engine: detect people and objects in images

- it is now possible to call python code directly in wlanguage (like .net)

- New "password" field in HFSQL (does the hash/salt) for you. Clearly too many people were still not protecting their passwords.

- Support of windows 11 look for windows

- it's now possible to use the windows 11 store for your applications

- html help now supports video links and display them in the help

- Private store for windev applications (your company or open)

- .net 5 is now supported

- New native scanner functions, without the need for twain support/driver

- new windows notifications are supported in code

- websocket client supported

MOBILE:
- new popup window

- new treeview table

- pin a field somewhere on the screen

- websocket client supported

- new camera field: take picture, videos, scan qrcodes, select modes, zoom, focus, flash, etc. You can change the UI (pictos displayed and where) and ADD REGULAR FIELDS to it, with all your code in them.

- New OpenAsynchronous (also in windev) fonction allowing to define the callback code when the window is closed (easier replacement for modal open)

- The private store already existing now accept to be PUBLIC (no password)

- New componants (internal and external) for iOS and Android (also compatible windev/webdev)

- iPhone 13 and iOS 15 supported

- New download functions using the download manager to download files without waiting, but with a possible callback

- New URI functions to manipulates files normally blocked by android 11+

- Images Exif information management

- New users' permissions functions

- SVG now supported for image field

- Amazon appstore now supported

- Serial port functions now available for android

- Windows mobile, embedded and CE NOT SUPPORTED IN 27... you'll need to code for them in 26.

WEBDEV
------

- New pdf viewer field

- possible to rotate fields in the editor

- Improvement to the table field: select a cell, change selection with arrows, tableinfoXY supported, sort by clicking header...

- Webdev servers' Cluster

- PageDisplay become available in browser code

- Code 'when modified" becomes available in browser code

- MAJOR IMPROVEMENT: It is now possible to have searchable pages (SEO) in CLASSIC/SESSION mode. IN this case, they have a direct URL and can be opened directly... But when they are eopn, they create a session and the whole session mode is working.
Re: WX 27, some of the news
September 29, 2021 11:53AM
Greeting

1. They release new versions too quickly until they have fixed the bugs in the previous ones.
2. Let them improve HF SQL Server is still one of the worst on the world lists

[infosonline.net]
ccc2
September 29, 2021 01:38PM
I will skip the upgrade . no new functions that interest me

the following new functions that I think PCS should not waste time on it

- Images' catalog: all black and white images can now be colorized,
Alot free image editor software can be use

- Serial port functions now available for android
how many device that still use serial

- it is now possible to call python code directly in wlanguage (like .net)
jack of all trades, master of none. windev provide many language support but none languages can be use 100%

- New "password" field in HFSQL (does the hash/salt) for you. Clearly too many people were still not protecting their passwords.
why waste time on HFSQL development when alot free database like mysql, postgresql are far more advance

- New AI functions working with an included AI engine: detect people and objects in images
I doubt the function will work 50%

The following Function that I hope come to windev

1. new report Writer
I hope PCS put effort on revamp report editor . cannot compare with SSRS, Crystal report or Birt report .
windev report writer similar to clarion where one page one query where you have header footer body . while SSRS based on table , each table one query, in one page you can have alot table, this give alot flexibility

I spend more time create or modify report using windev report editor compare to others report tools .

2. advance text in static text or button caption where I can different text format on each word in one static control

in SSRS text control , it allow me to mix text and expression (code) . I also can format each text in different font or color
for example
Can you meet on [EXPR] ?

if I want to do in windev , I have to use multiple static control . don't you think that stupid ?
Argus
September 29, 2021 02:37PM
>
> 2. advance text in static text or button caption
> where I can different text format on each word in
> one static control

You can do that easily in windev too... all the gxxx (or is it the dxxxx, I can never remember) functions are available for that.

> if I want to do in windev , I have to use multiple
> static control . don't you think that stupid ?

It would be, but you don't... You just need to ask how to do it :-)
September 29, 2021 06:16PM
Hi, 1) 100% agreed

2) Your statement is interesting, HFSQL is a child of Firebird, which is currently used by Google. There are problems with auto-index, that's true. Better use GUIDs. There are a few transparency problems with composite keys. Don't use them, let a trigger-procedure compose a string instead. Don't declare any files with file extensions other than .fic - some functions still don't accept other extensions. Otherwise HFSQL is as stable as any other database. Which means, that it will crash and need a repair after a power-out incident like any other database. Even the best database that I've seen in my last 38 years with databases - Btrieve - crashes sometimes on power-out or brown-out incidents. Writing a journal while operating and rebuilding the database after a crash will help. Databases are touchy creatures that's true, but HFSQL is as good as any other.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
October 01, 2021 04:57PM
I read the french version and the two item got my attention:

#115 says roughly:
Version 27 offers an artificial intelligence engine that
allows the detection of objects on images.
The AI family of functions IADetect and IAModèleDetect,
and the new WLanguage types IAResultImage, and IA-
ModelNetworkDeNeurons
, allow easy.programming

#137 says roughly:
The Python code call is now native from WLanguage, such as .Net assemblies, SOAP Webservices, ...
Importing .py into the environment allows recognition automatic of all the functions of this .py script by the editor
code
Each function of the script is then considered as a native function of WLanguage.
Python engine initialization is done using the PythonLoad function.

I am Data Scientist, working daily in the Computer Vision environment and using extensively libraries/tools such as OpenCV, Many alogrithms in image recognition or classification, Neural Network, Pandas, Numpy, matplotlib, seaborn, etc....

By the way PCS is presenting these articles is TOTAL CRAP... Be aware of their type of Marketing because you can get miss leaded. The image recognition is whole science apart.
The only Convolution Neural Network implementation is way bigger than the whole pack of PCSoft product combined. Reducing that universe in few instructions in WL is not fair.

Calling Python is not new anyway? But after calling then WHAT? Can we run python libraries within WL code? I dont think so. Is there any real integration? Not sure neither. Translating code from one language to another is one thing but having one code running in different language is miles away from PCS.

I might have to wait the version 28 in 2022, maybe.
October 02, 2021 10:52AM
Hi,

generally, Python libraries are C++ libraries which we can call from WINDEV too. Running Python code is something different however. I doubt that crowds of Wx-programmers will be using Python code within WLanguage but there's some possibilty that a few of the will do exactly that.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Buy V26 now - get V27 when released
October 20, 2021 01:04AM
Is this still true? Able to upgrade soon - so if I purchase V26 will V27 be included when available?
November 24, 2021 07:59AM
You can do that easily in windev too... all the gxxx (or is it the dxxxx, I can never remember) functions are available for that.

> if I want to do in windev , I have to use multiple
> static control . don't you think that stupid ?

It would be, but you don't... You just need to ask how to do it :-)

——————————————————————————————————————————
daunenmantel rot
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.