Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD25] Splitter mess

Posted by Markus K. 
[WD25] Splitter mess
September 22, 2021 10:27AM
Hi,

i have some problems with splitters, they show a strange behaviour.

In my main window i use a dynamic tab to display internal windows which often contain splitters.

I attached 2 pictures whith screenshots (forum is bugged, i cant images in the thread. would be a lot easier to show).

First image contains a vertical splitter, second image contains a horizontal splitter.

What happens here? How can i fix this? Did you experience this behaviour too?

Greetings
Attachments:
open | download - Splitter1.png (37.7 KB)
open | download - Splitter2.png (30.4 KB)
Re: [WD25] Splitter mess
September 22, 2021 11:33AM
Hi Markus,

this started happening sometime after version 21.

You can try one of the following to see if it helps:
1. On the splitter control change manually the position(s).
For a Horizontal Splitter, add the Current position to what is currently on the screen and the same position/entry for the Minimum position.
Also, change the Maximum Position to a rather big position( I use 4000).
2. Use the Registry instead of an XML file for your configurations ...
3. While developing, frequently delete your XML configuration file or your configuration registry entries.

Sometimes the above is just a problem with YOUR development machine.
It does not happen on clean installs of your app - so after upgrading an app at a customer, always delete the PREVIOUS XML configuration file.

The problem is that even before v21 the saving of positions etc (especially with tables) was buggy.
Our customers are constantly complaining about saving (or not saving) their configurations ..

Since this is really not something we can do on our side, we are phasing out all NON-necessary splitters on our apps, starting with v3 of the alpha360 project.

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.