Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD-22 32 bit Windev app and Outlook 64 bit

Posted by SSP 
SSP
WD-22 32 bit Windev app and Outlook 64 bit
September 01, 2021 06:39AM
Hi Friends,

Is there any solution to use 64bit Outlook in my 32bit application?

I tried to convert my 32 bit app to 64 and i am getting lot of technical errors.

I am using Windev function "OutlookStartSession" to access Outlook.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
SSP
Re: WD-22 32 bit Windev app and Outlook 64 bit
September 01, 2021 08:20AM
Hi, it depends on the operating system of the computer. There is no way to run a 64-bit application on a 32-bit OS. There should be no problem to launch a 64-bit app on a 64-bit OS.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
SSP
September 01, 2021 08:51AM
Hi Guenter,

I am able to run my 32 bit WinDev application on Windows 64 bit without any issue. Only problem when access Outlook 64bit from my WinDev 32 bit application.

Also Outlook 32bit working fine with my Application.

My problem is "OutlookStartSession" gives error when i am having Outlook 64 bit.

Regards
SSP
September 01, 2021 12:28PM
Hi @ all,

I had the same issue here, and solved it like that:

I distribute two additional EXE with my appplication, they are called callMapi32 and callMapi64 and are compiled in 32 or 64 bit

If I want to send an e-Mail using emailRunapp (and it should also work with outlook) I do following:

The main app creates a XML File containing all information I need to send the mail (to Adress, Subject, Body, path to attachments) and stores this XML in the temp directory.
Then I call either the 32bit or 64bit exe (depending on the OS) and pass the path to the xml as parameter to this 32 or 64 bit exe.
This exe then reads the XML and executes "emailrunapp()".

Works fine for month, only problem there is a litlle delay in opening the mail program.

If you want, I can share the code.

Regards

Stefan.
SSP
September 02, 2021 02:12PM
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. I understood the logic, if you can share the code it will be very useful.

In my case I will still have issue as I am also using outlook calendar in my application.

Thanks & Regards
SSP
Liam
October 11, 2021 03:18PM
I have had this issue for the past year now. Been extremely frustrating to have 2 versions of the software and having to check if outlook is 32/64 bit.

Finally I have a solution. You use EmailBuildSource() and use the MyMessage is Email variable..build the .eml file and then then use ShellExecute() to open the .eml file

Works great! (WINDEV)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.