Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using WX26 to generate and deploy a web site

Posted by SteveSitas 
Using WX26 to generate and deploy a web site
August 31, 2021 06:42PM
Hi,
I am using the COMBINED IDE for WD/WEBDEV and MOBILE (v26) and trying to generate an install for a WEBDEV site.
In WEBDEV Standalone (v25) there is a selection (Generate and Deploy) that takes care of everything - including the generation of the WDL file.

In the COMBINED [v26] IDE, instead of the above, there is a "misleading" selection called "create setup procedure" which does not create the WDL file of the site so the site/install fails to work [since the WDL is missing].
The only workaround I found is to use "multiple generation" to create the WDL file, but I can't find a place to add a version number ...

Any Ideas?

Regards

Steven Sitas
Re: Using WX26 to generate and deploy a web site
August 31, 2021 08:28PM
Hi Steve,

not really, but I have a similar issue with the same configuration.
My config for the AWP Site is "HELPDESK_AWP", my project is "Helpdesk".
WX makes a "HELPDESK_WEB" folder instead of "HELPDESK_AWP_WEB" and I don´t know how to rename it anywhere in the project description.

regards Michael
September 01, 2021 01:11PM
Hi Michael,

I am going to do a WEDEV IDE install (side by side with the COMBINED WX IDE) and see how things go.
Thanks for your message

Regards
Steven Sitas
September 26, 2021 12:58PM
Hi Steven,

I run now into the same problem with webservice. If I change the code of a webservice procedure I have to "Deploy Webservice" (5 Clicks). I can´t use the "Multipe generation" because the path of the generated *wsdl file shows to a different place.

Have you found a solution ?

regards Michael
September 27, 2021 01:54PM
Hi Michael,

I installed the standalone versions of the IDEs - side by side with the integrated IDE - and use them for creating the installations ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.