Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Access error to MSSQL database

Posted by Erik Schwarz 
Erik Schwarz
Access error to MSSQL database
August 31, 2021 09:44AM
Hi,

I am using MSSQL database since beginning with OLEDB driver without any problems.
Now one of my customers changed their security, so TLS1.1 is no longer supported, which results in the following error when connecting to database:

System Error Details:

Description = [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake()).]SSL Security error.
Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
SQL State = 08001
Error Number = -2147467259 (0x80004005)
Native Error Number = 18 (0x12)

Anyone knows what to do?

Erik
pao
Re: Access error to MSSQL database
August 31, 2021 10:47AM
As far as i know you can't use TLS1.2 with DBNETLIB, you have to change to another driver
[social.msdn.microsoft.com]

[support.microsoft.com]

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Erik Schwarz
Re: Access error to MSSQL database
September 08, 2021 02:37PM
SOLVED!

the predefined constant 'hOldedbSQLServer' which I used in the function 'hdescribeconnection' in fact is a string containing "SQLOLEDB".
This driver is not compatible with TLS1.1.
There is a new driver called "MSOLEDBSQL" which must be installed to use TLS 1.2
As there is no predefined constant in WinDev for this, just use that string instead.

See also M$ hint:

Note

To use the new Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server in existing applications, you should plan to convert your connection strings from SQLOLEDB or SQLNCLI, to MSOLEDBSQL.

Thanks anyway

Erik
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.