Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#WEBDEV 26 plaing a beep sound based on server action

Posted by Renko vd molen 
Renko vd molen
#WEBDEV 26 plaing a beep sound based on server action
July 23, 2021 01:58PM
Hi

I can play a beep sound with the media control.However onley on clinet side. I need a beed to happen when a server action was succesfull.
( scanning a barcode )

anybody who has made a workarround for this ??

regards

Renko
How can scanning a barcode be a SERVER action?
The user does not have access to any hardware on the server, so it's no possible
Now, if you are scanning on the client side, then sending the data to the server for verification and you want to sound when that is done, just send it from the client side using ajaxexecute, and do the sound at the return of the function
Hi Argus, Renko,

Thanks for sharing your question and idea smiling smiley. In my project, I use the AjaxExecute to do the server action.
I am wondering how to play a sound with webdev browser code. In browser code, the "Beep()" and "Sound()" functions are not allowed.

Could you please give some insight in how I can play the sound from browser code?

Regards,

Tim
Al
Re: #WEBDEV 26 plaing a beep sound based on server action
November 14, 2021 01:55PM
Hello Tim

Could you embed and play an mp3 ?

Regards
Al
Hi Al,

Yes it would be possible, but I cannot find or see an example for playing audio. Do you advice to use the multimedia control for this? I have never worked with it so if there are any code examples that would be really great.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
in the original post, it is stated that he was playing it using the media control...
You can ALSO use some JS code (see google to find what you need)
Re: #WEBDEV 26 plaing a beep sound based on server action
November 17, 2021 10:55AM
Yep got it working via javascript

regards
Renko Allard
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.