Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB] Sign pdf files using the certificate of the national id card

Posted by pao 
pao
[WB] Sign pdf files using the certificate of the national id card
June 24, 2021 05:26PM
has someone managed to sign pdf files in WB using the certificate strored in the national id card?
The card reader is USB and is connected to the client pc.

In windev it can be done but i can't find a way to do it in webdev.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
in principle, a web site cannot access any client side hardware, for obvious security reason... And that is why a web only approach to application development is a bad idea in my opinion.

so the ONLY way this could be done is if the card reader manufacturer has created some kind of sdk that goes around these restrictions in order to give access to a web page.

That of course will be specific to a brand/model of reader, if it exists, and will be available through the manufacturer only.
pao
Re: [WB] Sign pdf files using the certificate of the national id card
June 28, 2021 11:32AM
Hi Argus,
Your explanation is what we are thinking but there are several platforms from the government that allow the type of operation described.
I don't know how they do it and that's why I asked the question, maybe someone had already found the solution even if it is for a specific type of reader.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.