Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD26] HTML Display Control

Posted by dmontaine 
[WD26] HTML Display Control
June 23, 2021 06:58AM
Some things I had to do to get it to work:

To use Chromium rather than IE/Old Edge with the HTML Display control, you have to load the framework into the application directory beside the executable. You can't use the embedded framework option.

When creating the exe file, I had to add the libcef.dll file manually to the list of elements in the project..

I had to manually copy the libcef.dll file manually into a directory labeled "html" located below the application directory. So if the directory containing the executable fife and all the framework dll files is "C:\App", the libcef.dll file has to be in "C:\App\html". Even if you have the framework dll's contained in the "Exe" file using the feature where they will be copied from the "Exe" into the directory on first use, you still have to manually create the html directory and copy libcef.dll into it.

Once I had done all that, the control worked as expected. There may be a better way, but this is what worked for me.

The downside is that since google is not allowing access to there sites such as google maps and google earth unless you are using the Chrome browser, you no longer can access those sites using the Chromium dll distributed with Wendev. For my use, the Bing map site worked when accessed using the Chromium control.

Hopefully, PC Soft will make this more seamless in the future.
Argus
Re: [WD26] HTML Display Control
June 23, 2021 04:13PM
Haven't tried, but from what I heard on other forum, nothing of that is necessary, you JUST need chromium to be installed/configured propermy on the client machine (the new EDGE or the chromium package)

> The downside is that since google is not allowing
> access to there sites such as google maps and
> google earth unless you are using the Chrome
> browser, you no longer can access those sites
> using the Chromium dll distributed with Wendev.

hmmmmmm... I'm using all the google sites (maps and earth and all that) with brave, firefox, safari without any blockage, so I don't know what you are talking about here, but you should revisit.
Re: [WD26] HTML Display Control
June 24, 2021 12:02AM
It is quite possible that these problems are unique to me and my setup. I just thought I would post my experience in case anyone else had a similar problem
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.