Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDev WebSocket project - how to test it

Posted by Greg 
Greg
WebDev WebSocket project - how to test it
June 21, 2021 07:21PM
Hello All:

Is someone using the websocket server feature? I'm trying to make it work but there is no much information specifically to how consume these websockets.

Documentation mentions to use sockets functions to access the websockets server, but I see websockets require a little more than normal sockets as there is some upgrade process involved and normally the web server will return a key to use when connecting from the sockets. I don't see any of this in the documentation.

Other doubt is what port is using? I assume is 80 (same as web server where WAS is installed). But I see PC Soft videos showing other ports (5010 or 5001), so it's very confusing the whole Websocket server proposal, as there is no a single example using it.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards;
Greg
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.